Powered by Blogger.

Reveal: My Kitchen Command Center

Sunday 3 March 2013

Oooookay. I had so many titles I thought of for this entry.

1. My Cloffice (closet office) 
2. My Sanity Saver or 
3. The project that improved my marriage

But Kitchen Command Center is much more sexy searchable in Google, so I went with that one. 

Now before anyone gets worried (mom), this marriage isn't in trouble. However, the piles of papers on our kitchen island were a stressor for everyone. I mean, you can only do the "shit shuffle" so many times before you just want to dump it in the trash, right? I will also share that prior to this space being created, I had ONE kitchen drawer for my stuff (papers, planners, etc) and my kids' papers, info. ONE kitchen drawer people! I could never find anything.

We started with this closet...and this picture was taken after taking the door off and after we had de-cluttered stuff a bit, but this space was not being used properly at all. It was a bifold door that was never closed, so always stuck out in the walkway. An eyesore and unnecessary, so it came off. And that got the wheels turning!


What you can't see in this picture is the small space inside the closet on the left side. It's 9" wide x 15" deep and I had high hopes of putting shelving in there...a shelf for each child and one for me! My Father in law was able to execute them perfectly! He is my go to for these types of things!

I plan on going through the steps and costs in a follow up blog entry, but here are pictures I took today. I think I still need a few things for the wall, but the storage is perfect and so is the space. My oldest (1st grade) loves doing his homework here!

Apologies on the awkward angles...my refrigerator sticks out so that getting a picture head on isn't possible.



A melamine board trimmed with moulding for the desk, a thrifted ($4.99 @ Goodwill...poppin tags!) chair, and a nightstand stolen from our guest room. Oh how I searched for something with the perfect dimensions...and this was already in my house!


Fantastic storage bins from Tuesday Morning...if you haven't been, you must go! And yes, I'm hiding that game from my children...have you heard the noise it makes? My ears are still bleeding.



Perfectly sized shelf for all of those papers that come home from school. Plus the top shelf for lunch box storage! Love!





As a reminder, here is the before (can you tell I love the improvement!).


I'll do a step by step and cost breakdown within the next week if people are interested.

~Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading

Health Education Toddlers The Optical Sensors Second Street Players Find Apartments for Rent Pharmacy Technician Individuals With Bad Credit Calcutta Travel Information Lapaz Travel Singapore Travel Information Get The best of Insurance or Free Credit Report Paintball Liga The shirts and Jackets Design Cafe Public Market Make Money With Patents Working Group on Internet Governance Euro Auto Engineering First Position Search Engine News for Big surf Journalist Writing Design Flooring Printer Software Solution Masks Restaurant European Vehicle Market How to Take Care of Pets Electric Car Technology Animal Service Best Beauty Products North Idaho Tourism Cambria Real Estate Green Flooring Financial Services Home Improvement Contractor Zurich Travel guide Fortlauderdale Travel Package Warsaw Travel guide Florence Travel Package Toronto Travel guide Open Mind Blog News Fashion Trendy Business Prospects Trade Online Where can I Find a Lawyer Winery Websites Design HD Video Converter I'm not a virgin Home and Family Custom Bedroom Furniture Cars and Parts The Sexual Life and Abuse of Children Business Services Chip Card Cafe Public Market Lawyer Requirements Technology Supports Auto Tips Reduce Car Insurance Quotes AXA Travel Insurance Package Travel Legacy Landscape episiotomy and pregnant Transportation Technology Barbecook BurningPedia Restaurant Hood Cleaning Slow Cooker Recipes House Curtains Education of Children Home Improvement Solutions Automotive Engineering Schools How to choose fresh fish cooked Best Horror Films Financial Solutions Credit Loans Life Insurance Loans northstar network Seventeenth Street Cafe The Optical Sensors Commercial Real Estate Problems Bad Credit Loans Problems Bad Credit Loans Bore out Engine Shopping Online Weight Loss Cleanse video art and Craft Design Cheap Wedding Dresses Portal Game Online Property Investment Apartment Property Tax Assistance Aplicaciones iPod Touch Best Professional Carpet Cleaning The Best of Insurance Cheap and Reliable Car Insurance Technology System Home Security Web Designers Hour Miracle Diet Beauty and Cosmetic Criminal Defense Lawyer How Personal Injury Lawyer Economic and Mortgage news Perfect Wedding Accessory The best form of insurance solutions Twitter Service Westerly Lawyers Creare site de prezentare Apollo Global Management Web Design Boston Barbecue Electric Internet Crimes Against Children Turkey Global Business Bridge European Education Technology Terms Auto Parts and Service Medical and Health Real Estate And Security Home Media Education European Trade Business Machining Coolant Security Systems Electric Home Prevent Child Obesity and Diet Program The shirts and Jackets Design Foundation for Children's Education How We Choose Beauty Products Music Orchestra Inspiration STYLEGRID Stanley Insurance