Powered by Blogger.

Pieces in Progress and Fun New Finds

Saturday 19 March 2011

It has been a busy, busy week! Don't mind me while I ramble a bit.

Early in the week, I got 2 items from a client to work on...a large, pine headboard and footboard and a large, melamine bookshelf. She wanted all black..solid black on the melamine shelf and distressed black on the bed. I don't have pictures of the shelf b/c it's laying on the floor and looks like a coffin...LOL. But this is the bed so far...VERY Pottery Barn now!



Then there's this little table. I'm just kind of "meh" about it. I think I am officially the last person in DIY Blogland to try the sheet music thing. I got this table for $3 at Goodwill...it was a blackish brown with some drips of white on top. I just did 2 coats of black over it and then added the sheet music from a very antique book of music I got at an estate sale.

I took a tip from Sharon at Elizabeth & Co and sprayed the sheet music with polyurethane to try and prevent bubbles from the Modge Podge. Sharon had used sealer from a craft store and I thought poly might work as the same thing. Nope! I put the sheet music on and Modge Podged over it...and it bubbled right up. Grrr. I was going to throw the table away, but Sharon encouraged me to keep trying. As a last ditch effort, I put a thick coat of poly over that modge podge using a foam brush. Whaddya know, the sheet music relaxed! I need one more coat of poly, but here's the current table. I still don't love it, but for the right person, it could be a great entry table...especially with the name of the music.







My father-in-law is coming over tomorrow to cut me seats for these two projects...I am SO excited to work on the second one..a coffee table turned bench that I just started painting tonight!



And if you are still with me after all of that rambling, here are two new finds that I can't wait to work on..





Can't wait to start working on these pieces!
~Allison

Linking to:
UndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucket
Along For the Ride
The DIY Show Off
Photobucket
southernhospitalityblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading

Health Education Toddlers The Optical Sensors Second Street Players Find Apartments for Rent Pharmacy Technician Individuals With Bad Credit Calcutta Travel Information Lapaz Travel Singapore Travel Information Get The best of Insurance or Free Credit Report Paintball Liga The shirts and Jackets Design Cafe Public Market Make Money With Patents Working Group on Internet Governance Euro Auto Engineering First Position Search Engine News for Big surf Journalist Writing Design Flooring Printer Software Solution Masks Restaurant European Vehicle Market How to Take Care of Pets Electric Car Technology Animal Service Best Beauty Products North Idaho Tourism Cambria Real Estate Green Flooring Financial Services Home Improvement Contractor Zurich Travel guide Fortlauderdale Travel Package Warsaw Travel guide Florence Travel Package Toronto Travel guide Open Mind Blog News Fashion Trendy Business Prospects Trade Online Where can I Find a Lawyer Winery Websites Design HD Video Converter I'm not a virgin Home and Family Custom Bedroom Furniture Cars and Parts The Sexual Life and Abuse of Children Business Services Chip Card Cafe Public Market Lawyer Requirements Technology Supports Auto Tips Reduce Car Insurance Quotes AXA Travel Insurance Package Travel Legacy Landscape episiotomy and pregnant Transportation Technology Barbecook BurningPedia Restaurant Hood Cleaning Slow Cooker Recipes House Curtains Education of Children Home Improvement Solutions Automotive Engineering Schools How to choose fresh fish cooked Best Horror Films Financial Solutions Credit Loans Life Insurance Loans northstar network Seventeenth Street Cafe The Optical Sensors Commercial Real Estate Problems Bad Credit Loans Problems Bad Credit Loans Bore out Engine Shopping Online Weight Loss Cleanse video art and Craft Design Cheap Wedding Dresses Portal Game Online Property Investment Apartment Property Tax Assistance Aplicaciones iPod Touch Best Professional Carpet Cleaning The Best of Insurance Cheap and Reliable Car Insurance Technology System Home Security Web Designers Hour Miracle Diet Beauty and Cosmetic Criminal Defense Lawyer How Personal Injury Lawyer Economic and Mortgage news Perfect Wedding Accessory The best form of insurance solutions Twitter Service Westerly Lawyers Creare site de prezentare Apollo Global Management Web Design Boston Barbecue Electric Internet Crimes Against Children Turkey Global Business Bridge European Education Technology Terms Auto Parts and Service Medical and Health Real Estate And Security Home Media Education European Trade Business Machining Coolant Security Systems Electric Home Prevent Child Obesity and Diet Program The shirts and Jackets Design Foundation for Children's Education How We Choose Beauty Products Music Orchestra Inspiration STYLEGRID Stanley Insurance