Early in the week, I got 2 items from a client to work on...a large, pine headboard and footboard and a large, melamine bookshelf. She wanted all black..solid black on the melamine shelf and distressed black on the bed. I don't have pictures of the shelf b/c it's laying on the floor and looks like a coffin...LOL. But this is the bed so far...VERY Pottery Barn now!
Then there's this little table. I'm just kind of "meh" about it. I think I am officially the last person in DIY Blogland to try the sheet music thing. I got this table for $3 at Goodwill...it was a blackish brown with some drips of white on top. I just did 2 coats of black over it and then added the sheet music from a very antique book of music I got at an estate sale.
I took a tip from Sharon at Elizabeth & Co and sprayed the sheet music with polyurethane to try and prevent bubbles from the Modge Podge. Sharon had used sealer from a craft store and I thought poly might work as the same thing. Nope! I put the sheet music on and Modge Podged over it...and it bubbled right up. Grrr. I was going to throw the table away, but Sharon encouraged me to keep trying. As a last ditch effort, I put a thick coat of poly over that modge podge using a foam brush. Whaddya know, the sheet music relaxed! I need one more coat of poly, but here's the current table. I still don't love it, but for the right person, it could be a great entry table...especially with the name of the music.
My father-in-law is coming over tomorrow to cut me seats for these two projects...I am SO excited to work on the second one..a coffee table turned bench that I just started painting tonight!
And if you are still with me after all of that rambling, here are two new finds that I can't wait to work on..
Can't wait to start working on these pieces!